HEALTHY LUNCH RECIPE CHALLENGE OFFICAL ENTRY FORM
This fall we celebrate National Farm to School, a time to celebrate the connections happening all over the country between children and locally grown food! In celebration of National Farm to School Month, Nicholas Markets invites your child to submit their most creative and nutritious healthy lunch recipe, with your help and support! The recipe must be a substantial lunch option and should follow good nutrition guidelines, including whole grains, lean protein and free from added sugar.
The following guidelines/restrictions will apply:
- Students are to submit individual recipes – Group work is not permitted.
- Recipe must include at least 3 locally grown, New Jersey fresh fruits and/or vegetables
(Please visit www.jerseyfresh.nj.gov/facts for a list of New Jersey’s top ten fruits/vegetables)
- Recipes may not contain seafood ingredients (fish, shellfish, roe, etc.)
- Recipes may not contain nut ingredients (peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- Recipes should only include suitable protein/meat sources such as lean ground beef, antibiotic-free chicken, and antibiotic-free turkey, etc.
- Recipes should consider allergens (dairy, gluten, wheat, egg, etc.) to best include ALL students!
- NOTE: Winning recipes are subject to alterations and/or substitutions by Nicholas Markets, should we deem it necessary.
Your child’s recipe should be: Healthy, Creative, Affordable, Delicious and Original. Have fun!